Sunday, April 6, 2008

Once upon a night

I was sitting on the floor staring blankly outside my window on this summer night, as if I were searching for something that could fill this void in me. It was raining, the drops of water fell from the skies peacefully. The guitar rested on the wall I was leaning against, but it just lay there today. The lamp above my head and the cup of tea wrapped around my fingers tried their best to ward off the cold, but that hollow feeling grew. The droplets striking my window tried to break the monotony but, in vain. I just sat there, enjoying this silence, devoid of the warmth I craved for. The flavours of the tea blended with the freshness of the earth and brought peace to my soul. I smiled, playing with what I had suppressed within me, as if enjoying it. I coiled my body, trying to find that warmth again. The wind gushed through the room again.

This was me. The me, no one knew.

No comments: