Thursday, July 31, 2008

Baarish

I looked outside my classroom window while I was attending my lecture, there was an overcast. After months of heat and humidity, this is what I was waiting for. A few drops of joy gave way to a slight drizzle. Before I knew it, it started pouring. The bell rang only to find my bags packed and me charging through the door. I made my way past the corridor, took out my red umbrella and hoisted it into the air. I was heading to my favourite place - JP Tea Stall. Surrounded by trees and the intelligentsia, there was something about this stall,its tea and the greenery that gave me comfort. "Oye Deepu", I said, "Ek chai banade yaar".

Standing under my red umbrella, sipping my masala chai, dipping a mathhi in it and listening to Coldplay, I thought to myself whether this was the bliss people craved for. If it was, well I found mine. The drops of rainfall which blended with the sounds of the stove burning in the background,preparing more tea, soothed my soul. There were people running from one shelter to another trying not to get wet, there were people jumping in puddles and dancing; and then there was me -
In the madness of this rainfall,
I found peace,
I found myself,again.

Amen

No comments: