Thursday, December 24, 2009

Winter Love....

If I could dream, for just one moment, I would hold you tight the first time we met. Would kiss you under that mistletoe, as the snow flakes fell on your nose, making you giggle. That red rose, resting above your ear would freeze in your thick smooth hair.

But we wouldn't let this cold winter bother us, because we had each other. We would devour those vanilla cookies and drown in that mulled wine. Swimming in circles, catching dreams and stuffing them in our pockets, as we went along the way.

We would make love when it snowed and kiss when the rays shone. It could be our little game, our little secret. We would never have to go outside, just be wrapped up in that warm Red blanket you won at the Fair last year. I would hold you in my arms and rock you slowly, blowing in your ear every now and then. You nudge me with your elbow, but giggle it off. The only light in the room would be from those burning branches I cut in the morning. You would wear that green scarf I bought you two winters ago, when we first met, under that mistle toe.

The white flakes would glisten outside and play tricks with us, as we would get lost in its sparkles. You would run out, spread your arms and go around in circles ever so slowly with your eyes shut. And I would follow you, ready to catch you. But you would go around trees deceiving me, all over again. I would give up eventually, and you would do that little old snow dance you love.

Under that tree, is a patch of brown. We could sit there all day, and dream a little more. I would make a list, penning down all that you did in the past year and whether you deserve Santa's gift after all. You could say you steal. Hearts, thoughts and lives. Guilty as charged.

But this is still our dream. Please be gentle. With that red rose, resting on your ear, frozen in your thick smooth hair.

The snow wouldn't be cold enough for those long walks......

...on lost paths,
to lost spaces
and lost time...

...where we would find each other
in the greens, reds and whites....

No comments: