Saturday, June 21, 2008

Palamau Pink Panthers

My dearest Chainpur ke Champions/ Chattarpur ke Chokre,

Its the 19th today..shit the 19th!!!...oke Devika its still the 18th for you but still....i cant believe its been almost a month since we were in Jharkhand.....
A month ago (according to my diary)......we were riding on motorbikes across deserted country in the middle of a hailstorm....
Okay as stupid and senti as it may sound....i am going to risk saying it...i miss you guys. I miss talking to Aman and giggling with Devika, I miss Samar and his stupid jokes. I miss everything about our life in Palamau, I miss the work we did, the people we met..I miss all of that.
Because that life no matter how hard, how challenging and difficult it may have been has meant more to me than anything I can think of in a really really long time. I may still be the same person but I know something is different. I have scarcely felt this passionate about something and it felt good to be associated with something that vaguely resembled a cause in my life.
This is a lot of random rambling on and on but somehow I feel like the only people who can really understand me are you guys....because you went through the same thing. Whether it affected you more or less or differently...I don't know...but it doesnt matter.
I feel like a bit of a stranger in this life. It didnt help that in a matter of 3 days after returning from Allahabad I jumped on a plane to Indonesia....and here iam in Jakarta, where I have boundless luxury and filthy rich people all around me. I cant relate to any of them. Coz now if you have seen that life....i just dont know how you'r supposed to shut your eyes and walk away from all of that.

Last month I think no matter what we might have achieved, we atleast gave people the hope that there was something could change. I don't know how many were convinced but Iam sure that atleast some where.
And now I keep wondering what happens to that hope? Do we ever get to see any results out of all that work or will it just go to waste?....I can't help but and iam almost scared to think about what would happen if somehow things went wrong.

I just wanted to write. These are things that have bothered me for a long time and I can't help but wonder. Please write to me and tell me how your lives have been. Aman do try and avoid the completely "spastic" tone that you have adopted on facebook. I miss the slightly more "normal" Aman who couldnt keep his hands off his beard when he spoke!. menon i miss you more than I can say. i don't know how you get so comfortable and close to someone in a matter of three weeks..but you, gorgeous are the exception to the rule!!...
And finally Samar!!...sigh....you have annoyed me to no end with your countless nakhras...but still I think you'r smart and really funny and I do miss you!!....

So goodbye for now fellow palamau pink panthers and be ready to face my wrath if I dont get insanely long replies to this email ASAP!!!!...

I hope your paths lead to whatever you are seeking in life. Just know along the way that you do have friend in me whose always here to lend an ear!!!

Love always,
ujjainee

No comments: